03 Veigl Haus vom Kurhaus
- Composed of two houses: the former Stügerhaus and the Fasser Karlhaus since 1885.
- The Fasserhaus was in the downtown area, but belonged under the jurisdiction of the Pflindsberg Castle.
- The former Stügerhaus was owned by various public officers of the salt mines from 1500 to 1785.
- In 1785, it was declared a k.k. storehouse.
- From 1810 onwards, the property was owned by various bookbinders. As this occurred over the course of 56 years,it came to be known as the “Bookbinder’s House”.
- Between the two World Wars, the Stügers’ children’s bedroom became a wine cellar. The interior wall paintings still remind us of those days.
- 1931 the merchants Anna and Adolf Schmidt bought the building. To this day their descendants, the Veigl family, run a flourishing business.