- The church was built as a branch church, dedicated to the Holy Ghost with an attached hospital for saltminersbefore It was later passed into the possession of the princely.
- 1449: The endowment of the famous “Gnadenstuhlaltar”,which is a gothic triptych by the Emperor Friedrich III.
- On Sundays one can see the All Saints’ Altar depicts the heavenly throne of grace (“Gnadenstuhl”), surrounded by the Apostles, John the Baptist, angels and the heavenly choir.
- The frescoes from the Reformation Era are also worth seeing.
- In 1956, the hospital was closed.
- From 1954 to 1959 (jubilee year of Erzherzog Johann) the entire church was renovated.
- In 2004, there was a major reconstruction of the A new roof was installed and the sacristy was dehumidificated.