23 Rathaus
previous arrow
next arrow
  • Constructed before 1499. In 1654, it was renovated together with the small council house which had been purchased from the market. On the southern gables of both houses, there were important Protestant frescoes from the 16th century.
  • In 1838 the market ordered a new town hall, in order to fulfill its needs for the criminal justice branch and the necessary detentions. There were arguments for years with the salt mines over the divisions of the costs of construction.
  • In 1850, the costs were divided between the salt mines, the Pflindsburg domaine and the town hall.
  • For the reconstruction of the townhall, a building control tax was set. Lumber was ordered through the salt mine administration at an interest-free rate. Building blocks were likely taken from the salt mine office quarries.
  • In 1839, the empty small town hall house was sold. Over the course of the renovation work the frescoes were removed.
  • Due to the 90° rotation of the roof axis, other houses being renovated at the same time in the main street of Bad Aussee were built according to the property line.
  • In 1946 and 1959, façade renovations took place. The balcony was removed.
  • Until 1954, the town prison was situated in house number 48.
  • From 2004 to 2005, a new façade and a new balcony were constructed.

Next Locations

Erzherzog Johann Denkmal
Archduke Johann was the brother of the Austrian Emperor...
Read more
Mittelpunkt-Stein und -Brücke
Mittelpunkt-Stein In 1949, the magazine `Große Österreichische...
Read more
New construction 1888/1889 on behalf of Franz Kachler “Emperor...
Read more