07 Freihaus (Hoferhaus)
- The Hoferhaus is the oldest house in Bad Aussee and the former seat of the salt administrator.
- The building is listed under monumental protection and has been owned by the Hofer family since 1750.
- The foundations date back to the 8th century. It used to be two houses that later were merged into one.
- Emperor Maximilian stayed in this late gothic building in 1511, which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Around 1520 the house was embellished with two turrets, numerous vaults and gothic frescoes. They are the oldest frescoes on a bourgeois house in Central Europe.
- Today there are wonderful holiday apartments and the private practice of a veterinarian in the Hoferhaus.
The patrician house was built at Chlumecky Square in...
Originally built in the second half of the 16th century...