kur und congresshaus
01 Kurhaus + Lewan
- Built from 1868 to 1870 on the foundations of the two “Dörrhäuser” (= buildings for drying salt) as a meeting place for the spa guests.
- Became very soon a popular meeting place for the local population outside of the spa season.
- Several modifications:
- 1890 – historical “Badehausfassade” (façade of Bath Building) on the west and south sides
- 1925 – A high pediment field above the main entrance, music pavilion and small stage house for the “Great Hall” was attached.
- Between 1947 and 1956 – the construction of a “Small Hall” on the upper floor and the extension of the “Great Hall” to hold 500 seats – due to structural requirements of the Ausseer Festwochen by Austrian music students.
- 1952 – modification of the building into a “Big Festival House” according to the plans of the local architect K.H. Simonsberger with a change in the east-west hall to north-south as well as an expansion to hold 600 seats
- 1959- cultivation of the Open-Air Music Pavilion with a flying roof in the south-west designed for concerts by the Kurmusikorchester
- 1995-1997 – construction of the “New Kurhaus” in today’s form as a modern event and seminar center keeping parts of the left façade (Kurkonditorei und Café Lewandofski) remaining due to historical monument protection.
- Today the Kurhaus offers 10 seminar rooms, a gallery, a long corridor room, a roof terrace with a tower room, a music pavilion and a large festival hall for up to 450 guests to be seated during cultural occasions of any kind.