hotel erzherzog johann
04 Erzherzog Johann vom Kurhaus
- Going back even before the year 1400 it was a residence for “Hallingers” (Hallinger = salt administrator).
- From 1450, it was owned by Emperor Friedrich III, who handed it over to Andreas Wagen (1474-1499).
- In the year 1474, Andreas Wagen became the head of the salt administrations in Aussee.
- In 1493, Andreas Wagen sold the house to his successor, Hans Herzheimer.
- In 1519, Herzheimer left Aussee and sold the house to his successor, Christoph von Praunfalkh.
- In 1533, the ownership was transferred to Michl Widmer.
- In 1655, it was opened as a Municipal Council and Court House.
- In 1742, a large local fire caused strong damage to the house.
- In 1858, Entry for a license, for the selling of wine.
- In 1880, Special permission given by Anna Plochl for the house‘s name “Gasthof zum Erzherzog Johann”.
- From 1978 to 1982 Conversion to a 4 * hotel, yet preservation of the historic southern gable façade.
- Since 1982, the leading hotel in the city of Bad Aussee.