14 Meran Haus
- The building is from the 16th century and has a “Biedermeier” area façade.
- A former coaching inn and birthplace of Anna Plochl (wife of Erzherzog Johann and later Countess of Meran).
- The name of the square in front of the house was also changed to “Meranplatz” in honour of the house’s history (until 1850 it was called Johannsplatz).
- Anna Plochl was born in this house on January 6th, 1804 and died here on August 4th,1885.
- The commemorative plaque for Anna Plochl was unveiled on August 15th,1954.
- To this day the Meranhaus is still under monument protection and inhabited by the descendants of Anna Plochl.