14 Meran Haus
- The building is from the 16th century and has a “Biedermeier” area façade.
- A former coaching inn and birthplace of Anna Plochl (wife of Erzherzog Johann and later Countess of Meran).
- The name of the square in front of the house was also changed to “Meranplatz” in honour of the house’s history (until 1850 it was called Johannsplatz).
- Anna Plochl was born in this house on January 6th, 1804 and died here on August 4th,1885.
- The commemorative plaque for Anna Plochl was unveiled on August 15th,1954.
- To this day the Meranhaus is still under monument protection and inhabited by the descendants of Anna Plochl.
Consists of three separate buildings (Nr. 32, 33 and...
The church was built between 1065-1091 with an east...